Friday, December 21, 2012

Favorite Reads of 2012

           I'm excited to do this kind of post, but I'm hoping I do not forget some book that I really loved and then be mad at myself. But whatever. In no particular order:

THE IRON KING by Julie Kagawa. I was told by so many of my friends to read this book,but I never got around to it. And I regret it, because the second I started reading it, I just couldn't stop. This book is so deserving to be a best seller. I cannot wait for Christmas and I get the entire series! *Squee!*

HALF-BLOOD by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Oh. My. God. Jennifer has to be my favorite author of all time. I have read every single one of her YA books, and take my word for it, they are all amazing! I'm just telling you this as a warning, because there will be a couple more books from her on this list. This book had action, a hot steamy romance, and a funny, witty heroine that I love!

DEFIANCE by C.J. Redwine. When I first read the blurb for this book, I was immediately like, "I need to read this. NOW." And I did. And I loved it. And I am counting down the days until the sequel comes out. This book also contains a heroine that does not need her love interest to rescue her. By the way, the love interest is SMOKING ;) (Just saying.)

OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Told you. Another Jennifer L. Armentrout book. And I loved this one just as much (if not more) than Half-Blood. No, never mind. I love them both the same. They're awesome. This book was amazing. Heart-stopping action, a drop-dead gorgeous love interest (one that I wanted to stab with a fork in the first chapter, then ended up falling for), and a heroine that kind of does need a little saving, but is so completely awesome.

PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White. I read the first few pages of the book, I automatically loved it. It was so unlike any book I had ever read, I was so completely amazed. There were so many paranormal creatures in this book, it was kind of hard to keep up. I still loved it, though. This was a fun read that I finished in a day. And not because it's super short, it's just that I'm a super fast reader. This was an amazing book. I finished the sequel and I need the last one. Desperately.

SWEET EVIL by Wendy Higgins. I was on the fence about this book at first. When I finished the free sample from my Nook, I was wondering whether or not it would be worth the money. So against the little voice in my head that said "Don't waste your money," I told it to shut up and I bought the book. And it was so amazing. (Yes, I am going to say that about every book, so get over it) Wendy Higgins is a very talented writer and she definitely deserves the recommendation of her book. Because it was incredible.

ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND by Gena Showalter. Sweet. Baby. Jesus. This book blew my mind! Okay, it may sound a little weird, but believe me, this book is SO worth the money. Yes, as it says in the title, there are zombies present. And they aren't very nice. Alice Bell has lived her entire life cooped up in her house with her little sister, her mom, and dad. She believes her dad is completely mental because he warns her never to go out past dark because of the monsters that roam around in the night. When her entire family dies in a horrific car crash, and she goes to live with her grandparents, her life  gets turned upside down. She meets the baddest of boys who has a secret that was just only slightly surprising.

REMEMBERANCE by Michelle Madow. This book was so incredibly romantic that I fell in love with it right away. This book was inspired by Taylor Swift's Love Story music video. I loved it and I loved the love interest.

And here are some more books that I loved and I think you guys should love, too:
EMBRACE by Jessica Shirvington
HOURGLASS by Myra McEntire
CURSED by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Yes, another one.)
BRITEST




         

No comments:

Post a Comment