Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver





Ninety-five days, and then I’ll be safe.
I wonder whether the procedure will hurt.
I want to get it over with.
It’s hard to be patient.
It’s hard not to be afraid while I’m still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn’t touched me yet.
Still, I worry.
They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness.
The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t.


Rating Scale (1-10): 10! 10! 10! No, I'm not giving it a 30, though it deserves it.

My Review: I seriously need to crawl in a hole and die. No lie. Going to die. My eyes are red and puffy. . . I can't. I've been crying for, like, a whole hour now. I'm supposed to be working on a journal for homework but I can't even focus on that concept right now. Eh, I can work on it tomorrow. It's so worth procrastinating though. On a random note, that ending was horrible! What kind of sick joke is this?! Saying this book has a killer cliffhanger would be a serious understatement.

I really, really love this book! Lena is just a regular girl, living her life, following rules, and avoiding love. Or, deliria as they call it in the book. I think that's fairly obvious if you read the summary above. She loves to run, and she has a best friend. She's more than ready to be cured when she's 18, she can't wait. That was all before she fell in love, though, and that's when everything got out of control.

In the book, Lena wasn't looking for love, she wants nothing to do with it. She's been afraid of it ever since her mother killed herself because of love. But then, Lena realizes that love is irresistible, and can't be avoided once you're infected with it.

Now you're probably wondering who Lena falls in love with. Well, his name is Alex and he is soooo sweet! He is the most perfect boyfriend, any girl can ever have. Then again I pretty much say that about every guy in every single book I've ever read. I definitely wouldn't mind if he were my boyfriend. Alex cares for Lena a lot and at the end, you see exactly HOW MUCH.

Now, onto the horrible, horrible ending. . .

I still want to die! I don't want to reveal anything, but just to give you a small warning, you will die of a heart attack at the end! I really loathe these kinds of books, but at the same time, I love them. Yeah, it's a really complicated love/hate relationship I've got going on here.

Character Discussions:

Lena: Oh, jeez. I LOVE her name! She's pretty paranoid, but she's pretty cool. I liked her.

Alex: An angel that has come from Heaven above! Oh, sweet baby Jesus, thank you! I am so deeply in love with this guy!

Grace: I love this little girl, she's so adorable. I just wanna wrap her in a big ole bear hug.

Hana: Besides Lena, Alex, and Grace, Hana is my next favorite. In the beginning, I thought she was going to be a spoiled little rich girl, but it's all good now. I like her.

Jenny: No. I never liked her. She's so nosy and so mean to Lena. No, no, no.

Carol: At first, I thought she was pretty nice, but then it turned out I was so wrong. She's just stupid. So. Stupid.

I'm only doing the main characters. So, yeah.

When I first started this book, I didn't think I'd like it THIS much, but I ended up dying over it (you should know this if you read my rant earlier).

Did I like this book? No! I freaking loved!
Would I reread it? OMG yes!
Would I recommend it? Stop reading and go buy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment