Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Book Review: Die For Me by Amy Plum




In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


Rating Scale (1-10): 10

My Review: This wasn't my first zombie book, but this is the first one I've gone GOOGOOGAGA over! I see why zombies are the thing now. Die For Me is just fan-freaking-tanbulous! I even got my best friend hooked on the series.

If you're reading this, Jasia, you're so very welcome.

Look at that cover! Isn't it so prettiful?! Yes! I'm guessing that's Kate there and I am just so jealous of that dress! I want it! Don't you?

The story is set in Paris, France! That's just amazing and pretty awesome of the author. Normally, I'd read books that are set in Scotland or Ireland, but this is Paris! The City of Lights! And love! I've always wanted to go to Paris and this book just enticed me even further!

The paranormal creatures created are so completely unique and I just loved it! These kinda sorta human/zombie/guardian angels are called Revenants. And what Revenants basically means is, "to return" or "one who comes back."

Kate was such a strong character that I almost found myself feeling exactly what she was feeling. She had suffered a great loss and that's how she gained her newfound maturity. Oh! Did I say that she likes to read? Yes! So many bonus points in my book! At times, yes, I just wanted to scream at Kate, but I kind of did like that about her.

Vincent was just, *sigh* amazingly sweet and wonderful. I could go on with so many more adjectives, but I won't. His story just made me want to jump in the book and give him a big, fat hug. And maybe even a kiss or two.

Another thing I love about this book was the action! The fighting between the Revenants and the Numa was just made of awesome! I loved all of the fighting with swords and other cool weapons. Oh! I forgot to say another thing about Vincent. He is one badass sword fighter! Which makes him 100x more hotter to me!

Did I like this book? OMG YES!
Would I reread it? Yes, yes, and yes!
Would I recommend it? Yes! Go get this book now! You will thank me later!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment