Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Review: Hereafter by Tara Hudson




Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life--or her actual death--she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.


Rating Scale (1-10): 9

My Review: This truly is a sensation you don't want to miss. But first, let me just say something about Hereafter: it is most definitely not your average ghost story. I've read many books featuring ghosts, but I wouldn't dare compare them to this. I could read it about a thousand times and still never get bored.

Isn't that cover just gorgeous?! Beautiful, stunning, fantabulous . . . There are so many adjectives I could use right now, but I'm pretty sure you get the point.

Amelia and Joshua have that (almost) perfect storybook romance (aside from her being dead, of course). The kind of love where neither Heaven, Earth, or hell can come between. The kind we all dream about.

Oh, can I say one thing before I go on? I LOVE both of Amelia and Joshua's names soooo much! Especially Amelia's!

Okay. You may continue reading.

Joshua Mayhew is most definitely swoon-worthy! I just love him! He is, under no possible circumstances, the sweet/douchey guy that I've written about in a couple of my previous reviews. He is the sweetest guy!

At first, I thought I was going to have a little trouble connecting with Amelia since she's a ghost, and I'm currently since living. I kind of have this thing where I "become" the female main character of the story, because, let's face it, it makes life a lot more interesting.

Hereafter has just enough action, manipulation, fear, and romance that makes this such an addictive read! Overall, it was fantastic. This book has a very special place in my heart AND on my bookshelf! I am so thrilled this is a trilogy!

Review of Arise coming soon!

Did I like this book? OMG yes!
Would I reread it? Yes! Over and over again!
Would I recommend it? Go buy it now! It's most definitely not a waste of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment