Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa





Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


Rating Scale (1-10): 10 I might have gave this a high rating because of Puck.

My Review: I've known about this book for a little while now, and I mentally kick myself every single time I think about that. This book was magically delicious! (I know, I just thought of Lucky Charms, too.) I've never loved a faery book more than I love this one! This series is most definitely in my Top Ten Favorites (that page is coming soon, by the way)! I loved the immediate action, it started within, like, the first five chapters of the book. The creeptastic little changeling brother was an awesome touch! The scenes with him in it were hysterical.

The scorching hot love triangle is most definitely on its way! Ash and Puck are characters that you will fall in love with right away. You will not be able to get enough of these boys! Ash is amazingly swoon-worthy! He's damaged and cuts off his feelings. His reason almost made me want to cry. Ash might need one of my hugs.

Puck! OMG! Puck totally cracks me up! He is my favorite character throughout the entire story. Puck is the kind of guy I would be friends with in real life because I am just totally in love with him! His protective side just made me fall in love with him a little more. Go, Puck!

Grimalkin, the second I found out that he was a cat, immediately made me think of the Chesire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. He was adorable and just plain hilarious!

Meghan Chase is a strong, stubborn, determined character that is occasionally (frequently) in need of a rescue. I loved the fact that she stopped at nothing to save her little brother, Ethan.

The Iron King is a breathtaking, immediate page-turning, full of heart-stopping action, sword fights between two hot guys, unbelievable creatures, a whole lot of faerie drama, and just enough romance to make you swoon. If you've read A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare and liked it, then you will love the new take on the characters.

Did I like this book? Freaking loved!
Would I reread it? Most definitely!
Would I recommend it? Yes! If you haven't read it already, fetch this book now!

No comments:

Post a Comment