Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie






Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


Rating Scale (1-10): 8

My Review:This book was so good. No, seriously, I actually liked it. Alright, so whenever there is one girl and two guys (you should know how love triangles go by now), all of us fangirls go, "Ahhhh! TEEEEAAAAM SO-AND-SO!" Okay, I'm Team Ky. (I love his name!) Or Team Xander. It's hard to choose! I just love both of them so much. Ky because he's hotter and nicer and he's a lot more hard-working. And Xander, well, because he's really cute and I feel bad for him and he was kinda sorta there first. He was Cassia's Match and at first, they really did seem perfect for each other. So yeah, it's hard for me to decide.

I really did enjoy this book. Much more than I expected. I heard some bad reviews about, then some really good reviews about it, so I wanted to give it a chance and decide for myself. And I say, it's definitely worth the read.

Cassia really is an amazing character, but I wouldn't say she's my favorite. She was really blind during, like, 75% of the book. She was really confused, then more confused, then more confused, then more confused. . . Do you get my drift? Then finally, she starts to make some connections about things that just aren't right. That's when she got on my good side. But other than that, she was okay.

The Society definitely has something going on that they don't want anyone to know about. I really loathe the Society. And I'm more than sure that as a reader, I'm supposed to. That's the way it was intended. But I really hated them. With a violent passion. I really don't want to say any more details and spoil anything for those readers who haven't had the chance to read the book yet. I really did like this book and I loved the characters and the risks they took to protect one another.

Did I like this book? Yeah, it was pretty good.
Would I reread it? Yes.
Would I recommend it? Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment