Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Book Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer






Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

Rating Scale (1-10): 8

This book was so much better than I expected it to be! To be completely honest here, the only reason I started reading this was because of the gorgeous cover. I mean, come on! Did you see it? Wouldn't that be the first thing that attracts you and makes you think, "Man, I wanna read that!"? The story inside was just an incredible bonus! Werewolves aren't exactly my favorite paranormal creature, but I found myself loving this book!

The ending of this book just made me want to lay down and die. Oh, sweet baby Jesus! The ending!

The sad thing about this book was that I really couldn't decide which love interest to root for. I didn't know which she could be with. At first I was like, "Aw, Shay's cute and sweet," but then I was all, "Ren's hot and a total flirt, but he really does care about her." Oh, just to put this out there, I totally LOVE Ren's name! It's short for Renier. *Looks off dramatically into the sunset* Yeah, I really love that name.

Ren and Calla are meant to be together. It's been arranged that way since, well, forever. Ren likes Calla and vice versa. Then Shay steps into the picture and suddenly, Calla can't help but be hopelessly attracted to him. It was like, YEAH, SHAY, JUST COME ON IN AND RUIN REN AND CALLA'S ROMANCE.

Although I'm Team Ren all the way, I will admit that I have a soft spot for Shay. For some reason, I saw Shay as the little brother instead of the love interest. He acted a little young for his age, I guess. He reminded me of Ansel just the tiniest bit. By the way, Ansel is Calla's little brother.

Did I like this book? Um . . . yes!
Would I reread it? Yes. If I forgot everything that happened. Or I was just bored. Or if I was having Ren withdrawals.
Would I recommend it? Duh!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment