Saturday, January 12, 2013

Book Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins






Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


Rating Scale (1-10): 10

My Review: Can someone tell me why I didn't read this book sooner? No? Okay then, didn't think so. Guys, I'm telling you this right now, this was an epic read! Epic, epic, epic! I loved this book more than my gummy worms! Too much? Maybe a little. I read Sweet Evil in about a day or so. That's probably because I didn't have any interruptions and I just refused to put it down. The second I finished it, I was just about dying for the sequel. Thank God I only have to wait a couple more months for it. The storyline was completely unique. The characters were just plain amazing. Wendy Higgins had me laughing and crying throughout the story! And that's not easy to do for me. Maybe since I'm pretty much a good girl, the idea of being bad is just cool to me.

I loved Anna. She was such an amazing character. I loved the way she went from being a good girl to her version of a bad girl. Throughout the story, I loved how she completely came into herself. She only did what was need and not a single thing more. She stayed strong, but let herself have feelings. My favorite thing was that she never gave up on Kaiden.

Kaiden was by far my favorite character thought the entire book. Normally, I don't think I would've liked his kind of character, but I just LOVED him. Kaiden is the kind of guy that can be sorta sweet while still being that bad boy that all of us girls dream of. Oh! Did I mention that Kai has a British accent? Yup! That instantly makes him 10x more attractive. I do kind of hope that we get to see a nicer side of him in Sweet Peril. Kai and little Ann (Kaiden calls her that) were just adorable! I really do hope they're able to be together in the next book. That would make me very, very happy.
I realize there is going to be more torture, but I need to know how the story continues.

This book was like a roller coaster that goes up and up and up, then just goes down so fast it makes your stomach drop. Overall, this book was an amazing read. Never in my life would I compare it to any other book. I have a special place in my heart for fallen angels, and this book definitely takes the cake!

Did I like this book? Better than cake!
Would I reread it? Absolutely positively.
Would I recommend it? Would I be writing such a great review if I didn't? Go get this book now!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment