Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Book Review: Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer




Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping her brother, Ansel, safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

Rating Scale (1-10): 8

My Review: I just want to cry. Sit in a corner and cry. I don't know if they're tears of joy or I'm just sad that the series is over. The end of the roller coaster is finally here, people. It was an amazing end to the trilogy. I've read reviews that said that the ending is shocking, and I honestly thought I had prepared myself, but no. I was soooooo terribly wrong. What happened in those last few chapters was something that I definitely didn't expect.

My Random Statement: Okay, so I dare you to try and count all the "snarls" in this book. I bet you'll give up or lose count. Seriously, Calla. We get it! You=One badass wolf!

The non-stop action seriously did not disappoint. Not for a second. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I often wondered what surprise was going to be thrown at me next! I loved the way each character wanted to fight for each other. To protect the ones they care about and also because it was the right thing to do. I really loved the ass-kicking in here! Is that weird?

Every character in this book was amazing and beautifully well written! Except for the bad guys. No one likes them. Calla is still by far my favorite character. Though Conner can always make me laugh, he's too funny! Calla was so much stronger in this book than the others and she doesn't take any crap from either Ren or Shay. Which I kind of loved and found amusing. So yeah, she kind of makes out with both of them, but I mean, come on. Who can blame her? It's Ren and Shay! Um . . . Yes! And . . . she finally does pick her guy! Finally! And I really do agree with her choice! Love love love!

As much as I loved Bloodrose, Nightshade is still my favorite book in this series! But! But! Bloodrose comes close in second!

This series is just so made of awesome that it gets me excited to read more of Andrea's work!

Also, on a random note, if Andrea just . . . you know, on a whim . . . ever decided to write a spinoff story about Conner, I would definitely buy it!

Did I like this book? LOVED!
Would I reread it? Yes! I will try to read it again without crying!
Would I recommend it? If you've read Nightshade & Wolfsbane, then yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment