Sunday, February 24, 2013

Book Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry




No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


Rating Scale (1-10): 9

My Review: Oh, jeez. This book. Was just. Soooooooooo friggin' good. I read this in a day. I couldn't put it down! You know what this book reminds me of? It reminded me a lot of Perfect Chemistry. If you've read Perfect Chemistry, then you know how good it is. But I think this book might be better.

No, seriously! It was just that good!

So, yeah, I actually cried during this book, but don't worry, I laughed too. What the two main characters have to go through makes you think and feel. Like really think and feel. You could really empathize with the characters. Well, that's how it was for me anyway. I'm no so entirely sure how it's going to affect you guys. That's how it affected me.

Above. I said Pushing the Limits reminded me of Perfect Chemistry. And if you've read both books, then you know what I'm talking about. I'll do some character discussions later to show how similar the characters are from both books.

Both of the main characters have emotional drama they have to go through and they both have messed-up family situations. They're both strong though and they push through it which I loved.

My Random Statement: I am so in love with Echo's name! It's just so pretty! And there's actually a story behind it. Which Echo explains at some point in the book.

Character Discussions! Yay!

Echo Emerson: So she reminded me of Brittney Ellis from Perfect Chemistry. Just without the blonde hair and high social status. They both have problems at home and both find love in the most unexpected person. Echo is such a strong character and I loved everything about her.

Noah Hutchins: Can you say "gorgeous?" Omg this is the guy that your daddy warned you about! He was, by far, my favorite character throughout the entire book! He reminded me of Alex Fuentes. Mostly because of how many times they cuss and their attitudes, but Noah is not in a gang. I just want to put that out there. Also! I definitely wouldn't mind having Noah as my boyfriend!

Mrs. Collins: She has good intentions, but she has her times where she's annoying as hell. She was cool though. She's cool peoples.

Lila: This girl is the definition of a true best friend. Echo is so lucky to have her.

Isaiah: This is Noah's foster brother/best friend. He's funny and just a cool guy.

Beth: She can be a bitch, but she's just worried about her brother (Noah). No, they're not related.

Did I like this book? YES
Would I reread it? Absolutely positively!
Would I recommend it? If you like contemporary books, then yes! I would definitely recommend this!

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING REVIEW! I loved this book so much! I actually have areview going up tomorrow :). I too cried. It made me think too, hard to imagine what it's like going through things like that. I agree Noah is the kinda guy my dad warned me about!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete