Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Book Review: Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer




Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer–one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack–and the man–she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

Rating Scale (1-10): 8

My Review: That ending was just horrible.

Okay. I just wanted to say that really quick.

Anyways, there was a lot of drama in this book, a lot of things happen, and the pace never really lets up. They talk a lot about the history of the guardians, the Keepers, and the Searchers. The history definitely surprised the hell out of me and that made this book so much better. I loved all the surprises! Every single second, something is going on and I was kept wondering what was going to be thrown at us next.

After Wolfsbane, I'm not so sure which team I'm on anymore. I really learned to love Shay, but I still found myself missing Ren. I love them both! Maybe Ren a little less after this book. . .

A lot of sad things happened in here that just made me want to cry. A lot of friends were lost. A few of the deaths were caused by betrayal and that was just not good at all. Although the action seemed to make up for all those deaths just a little. It was intense and just full of awesome!

Calla really grew in this book and showed just how human she could really be. She broke down under all the pressure and that just showed how much human emotion she's really capable of. She refuses to make a decision until her pack can be saved. I kind of loved that, too. I was kind of frustrated/relieved that she hadn't made a choice yet, because I don't even know which team I'm on.

Did I like this book? Awesome! Yes!
Would I reread it? Yep!
Would I recommend it? Yes! If you've already read Nightshade, that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment