Sunday, March 31, 2013

Book Review: Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


Rating Scale (1-10): 10!!!!!

My Review: Oh. My. Gods. Holy Daimon babies everywhere! I'm crying. Oh, Gods this book was just amazingly awesome. Apollyon deserves so much more than a ten, but that would break the whole rating scale 1 through 10 thing. So, those five exclamation points will have to be enough. Oh, Gods, I'm still crying. This might be my favorite Covenant novel so far! Let me just give you a couple of pictures so you can (almost kinda sorta) see how I feel right now:





Okay, so, I've been waiting for Apollyon ever since Deity came out and I also finished that crying, too. Just to clear the air, I read the first three books of the Covenant series before I ever had a blog, so I didn't exactly take the time to write a review on it. In the future, if I ever have time, I will most likely post reviews on those. After I reread them, of course. Pfft.

The cover! Look at that gorgeous, breath-taking cover! It's just so beautiful that I would've content to not read it at all and just stare at the pretty flower. The awesome fiery flower thing that's going on is just simply fabulous!

The kick-butt action that Jennifer writes certainly did not disappoint! Every single chapter keeps you on the edge of your seat and wanting more! Jennifer knows exactly how to keep her readers entertain, happy, and she knows how to torture them at the same time! Lol. But yeah, the action in this book was so completely badass! I loved every moment of it!

So, no character discussions this time, I'm just gonna talk about my two favorite characters in the entire book. Or, well, the entire series I should say. First, Alex. OMG Alex! She has to be my favorite protagonist ever! Out of all the books I've ever read, Alex will always remain my favorite. She's snarky, funny, feisty, and she can kick some serious ass! Definitely number 1 in my Top Ten Favorite Female Heroines!

My second favorite character is Aiden! Aiden St. Delphi! This is Alex's smoking-hot love monkey! Lol, yeah, he's the love interest. Aiden is absolutely perfect! Other than Daemon from the Lux series, Aiden is my other YA boyfriend obsession. I swear I swoon more for him with each Covenant novel! He is like a god (which he is kinda sorta descended from, btw).

The romance between these two characters is absolutely perfectly written! I couldn't have asked for anything better. It was hot, and sweet, and cute, and adorable, and just perfect! Jennifer Armentrout never ceases to amaze me. She will always be my favorite author in the entire world! Lol and that's no lie!

Randomness for just a second! I LOVE that Obsidian was mentioned!

My Random Statement: Jennifer Armentrout has to be the queen of cliffhangers! She's right up there with Lauren Oliver! Lol they love to torture their readers by writing their horrible cliffhangers! I bet they do their evil laugh while doing it, too!

My Favorite Quotes: "Yeah, it's me, in shade form for your viewing pleasure."

"Man, who scrapped the mayo off and only ate a sandwich on one bun? Aiden. That's who."

"I bit back a gag. "Gods, your breath is kicking." I pulled the blade free, revolted by the sucking sound. "For real."
Cocking its head to the side, it blinked. "Kicking?"
"Yeah." Spinning around, I planted my left foot and kicked out, catching the fury in the stomach. It flew back, smacking into the tree. "See? Kicking.""


"I snapped to my feet. "Bitch, please.""
(My favorite line from the whole book! It made me laugh so much!

"Aiden was my other half, my equal. And he needed no weird Apollyon connection."

"You are my everything."

"Good. Because I bite back."

"Do you know how terrible I felt when Marcus came down and found me sitting there like a turd?"

"Good! Because there's more where that came from, you psychotic douchebag!"

"I'm fine. It's your turn. I'll keep an eye on things, make sure no spiders run off with you."

"He pressed his lips to my cheek and let out a little chuckle. "I'm worried if it comes down between me and a spider, I might be screwed.""

"I squared my shoulders. "Release the Kraken!""

Did I like this book? FREAKING LOVED! I would give my kidney for Sentinel right now!
Would I reread it? OMG absolutely!
Would I recommend it? Yes! Only if you've read the first three books, that is! Read them now!

2 comments:

  1. GAH! I'm dying for this one! I have to wait till next week to get it though :(. I hope it was good crying! But somehow I don't think it is haha. I too cried in Deity and I'm sure I'll cry in this one too! Amazing review <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Lol I don't remember if I was crying because it was so amazing or because of everything that happened. Maybe it was both! I cried in Deity, too!

      Delete