Saturday, March 30, 2013

Book Review: Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza




Mila 2.0 is the first book in an electrifying sci-fi thriller series about a teenage girl who discovers that she is an experiment in artificial intelligence.

Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past—that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila’s becoming is beyond anyone’s imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life.

Mila 2.0 is Debra Driza’s bold debut and the first book in a Bourne Identity-style trilogy that combines heart-pounding action with a riveting exploration of what it really means to be human. Fans of I Am Number Four will love Mila for who she is and what she longs to be—and a cliffhanger ending will leave them breathlessly awaiting the sequel.


Rating Scale (1-10): 8.5

My Review: Ehmergerd, you guys, Ehmergerd! This book was just so good that I'm having trouble finding words to describe it for you! It was awesome. (I totally just said that in the voice of the girl from Mean Girls lol.)

The cover! OMG guys the cover! It's just so beautiful and gorgeous that it was (almost) the main reason that I bought it. Lol, so it can look pretty on my bookshelf. But it ended up being so much more than a fantastic cover. The gorgeousness of it was just a bonus!

Okay. So. The plot! The awsome, action-packed plot! I'll admit, the book didn't have me hooked from the beginning. I honestly thought it was a little slow at first. But, come on. What book has the perfect first chapter? In the words of my twin Liana (no, I don't actually have a twin, I just call her that :P), "CASSANDRA CLARE'S BOOKS! ALL OF THEM!" Lol yeppers!

The action in this book was incredible. Mila is a major kick-butt character! I am dying for this book to be a movie so I can see all the butt-kicking, test running, and car chasing come alive on the big screen! During the action parts, I kept thinking, "This would be so badass in a movie! They should do that!" Just in case you didn't catch it already, I want this book to be a movie.

Character Discussions! *Squee!*

Mila: Awesome, awesome protagonist! I couldn't have asked for a better heroine for this book. Mila was just definitely made of awesome! She's an android! Which is so cool! The only things that sets her apart from other androids is that she actually feels actual human emotions as if she were a human.

Nicole/Mom: She is a scientist that helped create Mila. All she wants to do is protect Mila and she wants her to live a normal human life. She definitely had to be one of my favorite characters.

Hunter: I'm excited to read more about him in the next book. Besides Mila's mom, Hunter was Mila's constant rock, even when he wasn't there. She wanted him to keep her human, or at least feel as human as possible. I picture Hunter as a hot skater boy. Just without the skateboard.

Holland: So this guy is the main antagonist and while he isn't exactly huggable, I didn't think he was as bad as Mila made him out to be. He knows all the bad things he's done for his job and he just doesn't care.

Lucas: There's not much I can say without giving away anything. So I'll just say that I liked him and I'm curious to learn more about him.

So the ending definitely was a cliffhanger, but it was bad. It was good, but it was pretty dumb. It was the kind of ending that had you wanting the next book, but not enough to make you want to pull your hair out. Keep your hair on your head, people.

My Random Statement: I think I smell a love triangle coming up in the next book. -winkity wink wink wink wink-. Lol.

My Favorite Quote:
“The room was a small square of hopelessness.
A flash of red. And then:
Dimensions: 10 ft. by 9 ft.
I swallowed a horrific giggle. Perfect. And now I knew the exact measurements of hopelessness.”


Did I like this book? Yeppers peppers!
Would I reread it? Yes. Yes, I would.
Would I recommend it? If you love action, robots, and romance, then this is the book for you!

1 comment: