Monday, March 18, 2013

Book Review: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer




Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.


Rating Scale (1-10): 10!!!

My Review: Ehmergerd why does Marissa Meyer have to be such a friggin' fantabulous author! Everything was perfect! So so damn perfect! Brb dying & crying!

I haven't waited as long as other people for this fantastic book, but it feels like I've waited long enough! Ever since the end of Cinder, my hands have been itching to get a copy of Scarlet. Lol, and now that I've read Scarlet, I NEED CRESS!

Okay, so obviously if you haven't figured it out by now, Cinder is a retelling of Cinderella, and Scarlet is a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, and Cress is about Rapunzel, and finally, Winter is about Snow White. I am absolutely DYING to read the rest of the series, but sadly that will have to wait until they're actually out and able to be purchased.

Okay, enough ranting about how much I want the next book (though I'm pretty sure I still be ranting later on, too), onto the review!

The cover is gorgeous and completely attractive, just like Cinder! I'm pretty sure that when I first bought it, I just stared at it for what seemed like hours. Yeah, it's just that freaking beautiful! Lol okay, so just to screw around with my mom just a little, I asked her what she thought the book was about just by looking at the cover, and right away, without any hesitation, she says "Vengeance." I just laughed and told her that it was about Little Red Riding Hood.

That cliffhanger wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't good either. It just leaves you obsessing about what's going to happen next. What is Cinder going to do? What is Scarlet going to do? Will Queen Levena just go die in a hole? (Okay, maybe not everyone has wondered about that last one, but whatever.)

The action and suspense in this book definitely did not disappoint! Like I said, everything was perfect! The writing was perfect, the characters were perfect, the setting was perfect, the cover was perfect, everything was just perfect! Lol I don't know how many times I can say perfect!

Ugh. I have to wait a year for Cress! (Lol there i go ranting again.)

Anyways, this is a high recommendation! Get to readin' people!

My Favorite Quote: “A captain always knows where his ship is. It's like a psychic bond."

"If only we had a captain here.”

My Random Statement: Okay, so this one might contain a spoiler. Yay! Iko's back! Woot woot!

Did I like this book? Nope. Not one bit. I FRIGGN' LOVE!
Would I reread it? Absolutely!
Would I recommend it? Absolutely! Yes yes yes!

3 comments:

  1. May I remind you that you still don't own Cinder...'cause you borrowed my book. You even read it before me....But I can't wait to borrow this one from you. And, knowing that we are practically the same person(except I'm probably the whitest[is that even a word?] person in the world), I will most likely have the exact same love and thoughts about this one. Why can't my dad let me come over now??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'll have you know that I did tell you on Friday that I bought Cinder already

      Delete
    2. Oh...I don't remember that...Ok then.

      Delete