Sunday, April 14, 2013

Book Review: My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2) by Rachel Vincent




When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...


Rating Scale (1-10): 9.5

My Review: I definitely liked this book better than the first one. I'm excited to start reading Volume two! I finished this book about three days ago, and with testing going on at school, I just haven't found the time to write a review. But . . . Here it is! Typed up and ready for your viewing pleasure!

The cover! Beautiful! And very Swan Lake-ish! I love that it's blue! This cover is gorgeous!

Action and plot! Both were awesome and definitely had me on. The edge of my seat. What I love about this series so far is, that the action never ceases. There's always something major going on. Whether its a little kissy-kissy or someone needs a little soul-saving!

The romance! The beautiful, beautiful romance. I fell in love with the romance in this book! There was more than in the first book, but of course, that would make sense. I think it's safe to say that I'm definitely Team Nash! Because I love him! And he's sexy and sweet and smart and loving and . . . Okay, I'm done.

So, again! Just like the review for My Soul to Take, I'm only discussing the three main characters! Kaylee, Nash, and Tod! I know, you're excited. So am I! Lol.

Kaylee: She definitely impressed me more in this book. She was so much more take charge and I liked that about her. She's such a good protagonist, and I don't think there was a time in the entire book that I found her annoying. I loved Kaylee's witty comments, she cracked me up a couple times!

Nash: Sweet Baby Jesus! Nash! Like I said before, I love Nash! He has made my Top Ten Favorite Book Boyfriends list! So I basically already did a discussion for Nash. You know, by saying that he is sexy and smart and . . . Nope, I'm not going to start again. But yeah, he's sexy!

Tod: I'm so glad we got to see more of Tod in this book. He is an awesome character and I found myself looking forward to the scenes where he was present. Even though, I am Team Nash ANSI love him, I can't help but wonder if there is going to be a major love triangle going on.

My Random Statement: Never sell your soul! Because then Kaylee and Nash and Tod will have to come and save you! Wait . . . Nash?

My Favorite Quotes:
"Chocolate says "I'm sorry" so much better than words."

"Says the undead man in love with the soulless pop star."

"It's not like I'm actually wishing for more dead cheerleaders. I'm just saying, if someone has to go . . ."

"What else could they do to him, take away his birthday?"

Somehow I don't think hellions are much into social networking."

Did I like this book? Yeppers!
Would I reread it? Probably. If I found the time. Or I was having some serious Nash withdrawals.
Would I recommend it? Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment