Friday, April 5, 2013

Book Review: My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent




She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.


Rating Scale (1-10): 8

My Review: I really think I've found a new series to obsess over. Lol as if I didn't have enough already. I still can't believe it took me THIS long to finally read this. I feel so ashamed! Wow. Just plain wow. This book wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be, but it was still really good. I've heard so many good things from so many bloggers so I finally decided to give it a try. (Just a heads up here, my peeps, this is going to be a quick review!)

Look at the cover! It's beautiful! And red! Look at that red! Is it bad that my first thought was, "Hey! She's a ballerina!" Lol yeah, but the cover is gorgeous! I've seen the covers for the rest of the series and I'm absolutely in love with every single one of them!

So there isn't much kick-butt action in this book, but there were enough twists and turns that it surprised the hell out of me at some times. Everything was well-written and just awesome! Just a small spoiler, there's a little frying pan hitting going on!

For this review, I'm only discussing three characters. The three MAIN characters!

Kaylee: She was one of my favorite type of protagonists. She was funny, snarky, and she definitely would kick some butt if she had to! Remember the frying pan hitting thing I mentioned? Yeah, all her.

Nash: I don't think I can swoon anymore! I loved this guy from beginning to end! He was sweet, and hot, and he was always there to help Kaylee when she needed a rock. Nash was her rock.

Tod: I think I'm sensing a love triangle coming on in the next book! -wink wink-

My Random Statement: Reading about all that screaming gave me a headache.

My Favorite Quotes:
“The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.”

“What if I was the sexual equivalent of popcorn? Suitable for light snacking only?”

“Kaylee, you're adding two and two and coming up with seven.”

“I didn’t know if I could stop her with one blow. But I could whack the crap out of her.”

“Crap. He was actually crying. I didn't know how to deal with a crying father. I barely knew how to deal with a normal one.”


Did I like this book? Yep!
Would I reread it? It's possible.
Would I recommend it? Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment