Thursday, May 2, 2013

Book Review: Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi




Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.


Rating Scale (1-10): 10!

My Review: Tahereh is such an amazing author! The second I finished Shatter Me, I've been dying to get my hands on Unravel Me! And now I have!! Yippee! (Yes, I just said "Yippee".) When I found out that there was a novella between the first and second book, I knew I had to read it before I went anywhere near Unravel Me.

The cover is gorgeous! I just love all the colors and how the eye (is it weird to just say one eye?) is all closed and looks like its crying. It's just so cool! Gorgeous!

Not much romance in the book besides the fact that Warner is obsessing about Juliette every second of every day. He finds her journal and reads nearly every word. Some of it he can't really understand so he tries to decipher it like they're secret nuclear war codes. I thought it was pretty high on the creep-o-meter at first, but I guess it's a good thing he's getting into her head and seeing the way she saw things while she was in the asylum.

Characters! (I'm only talking about 2.)

Warner: This whole novella is from his POV and I guess it was to show that Warner does actually have a heart. Too bad for him because I definitely know which side of the love triangle I'm on! Yeah, but he's almost cool now.

Warner's Dad: Can I just slap this guy? I never thought I'd see the day where I would want to protect Warned, but when it comes to his dad . . . Geez. This guy really needs a nice good kick to the zipper part of his pants!

Did I like this book? Yeppers!
Would I reread it? Probably.
Would I recommend it? Definitely! Read it before Unravel Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment