Saturday, July 20, 2013

Book Review: Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout




"Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing 'I smite thee ' as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life." For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals--pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. According to her mother, that's a good thing.But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return-the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death... because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. The daimons have found her.

Rating Scale (1-10): 9.5

My Review: So, if you guys don't know already, I am a huge fan of Jennifer Armentrout! I've read (almost) all of her books and I have to say that her Covenant series is my absolute favorite. Don't get me wrong, I am so in love with her Lux series, but the Covenant takes the cake. I thought I would reread this series just so I can review them for you guys!

So the cover is just green and so gorgeous! I love the way the flower looks as if its on fire. Definitely one of my favorite covers.

Now it's plot and action time! Since its a prequel, there isn't a lot of action, but it definitely has you expecting that there's going to be some kickass action in the next book. So, Alex and her mom have been on the run from the Covenant for the past 3 years, and she doesn't know why they are. On a perfectly normal day for them, the things Alex had once trained to kill, find her and her mom. A daimon.

There's not much romance except for Alex's boyfriend in the beginning, but that relationship didn't last for very long.

Let's discuss some characters!

Alexandria Andros (Alex): My favorite female protagonist of all time. I'll explain more about why I love her in the Half-Blood review.

Alex's Mom: I loved Alex's mom so much. She was so sweet and motherly and I loved the mother/daughter relationship they had together. It was so cute.

Matt: Alex's boyfriend. He never won me over and I never liked him. I'm so glad they were over in a snap.

No Randomness! Sorry!

My Favorite Quotes:

"I'd always had this thing about being touched. If I didn't touch someone then I believed they shouldn't touch me."

"Actually, I was prone to random acts of stupidity. I considered it to be one of my talents."

"Previously, I'd crushed on a brooding academic who'd written poems on the back of his school books and styled his dyed, jet black hair so it'd covered his hazel eyes. He'd written a song about me. I'd laughed, and that relationship had been over before it got started."

"Normal girls didn't want their boobs mauled either, and I wholly believed if they could've landed a fist like I could, they would have."

"Even now, I wanted to spin-kick myself in my face for that one. I was like a walking romance novel character, thinking love conquers everything and all that crap. Sure. Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing "I smite thee!" as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life."

"He hadn't seen me make a big deal yet."

"I caught his arm. "Was your mom a gardner?" I asked innocently.
"What?" Ren's mouth hung open slightly.
"Because a face like yours belongs planted on the ground.""

""Oh." I smiled as I faced him fully. "It's on like Donkey Kong."

"I thought his name was Mitch?"

"With or without a purpose, you're a very special girl. Don't ever forget that."

"A quick glimpse at my reflection in the tiny bathroom mirror while I stripped confirmed I looked like Chewbacca."

"Death by flowerpot would be a hell of a way to go."

"Half-bloods were known for their agility and grace, not for tripping over things."

"Great, I thought, I'm being robbed by unorganized criminals. Someone's definitely getting stabbed and it's probably going to be me."

"Surviving a daimon attack only to have my throat slashed for a few hundred dollars? Dammit, people sucked."

"I will survive this."


Did I like this book? It's a part of my favorite series, so, uh, YEAH!
Would I reread it? I've already read Daimon, like, a bunch of times.
Would I recommend it? Yes! If you're thinking about reading the Covenant series, this is the one you should start with.

- What did you think of this review? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment